Final cellulose extractions… batch 1

With the cellulose extraction setup workable I managed to do some runs within the context of a proposal I wrote. In total I extracted 1/5th (Scorodophleus zenkeri / Panda oleosa) of the total sampled wood core material and this across a one month period. Lots of thanks go out to the people of food safety who kindly borrowed me their hot water bath, increasing capacity to a workable level. I would also like to thank Elizabeth Kearsley (PhD student) and Pieter Reynaert (intern) who helped out on preparing the samples and running the extraction. Packing and measuring the samples depends on the schedule of the lab assistants and is probably due later this year or early 2014.

© 2018. All rights reserved.

Powered by Hydejack v7.5.1